Why Web Development Firms Should Opt for PHP?
There are various options available for web development services for designing client websites nowadays and they can pick from a number of commercial and free platforms and apps. They can either use comprehensive web design apps or go for the old-fashioned manual coding for website design. However, a number of web development services opt for PHP for making dynamic and interactive websites with ease. There are millions of developers who are fond of this open source scripting language and it has been used for making websites of some of reputed MNC companies.
There are several reasons behind massive popularity of PHP web development. Despite arrival of newer technologies and existence of other programming languages, PHP continues to enjoy a steady and growing user base worldwide.
• Not every web development firm can have robust infrastructure and resources to begin with. For them opting for PHP web development is prudent as it ensures low running cost. This is also ideal for freelance web developers who do not have deep pockets. They can rely on PHP as this server side scripting language can be used for free and does not come with any commercial licensing and updating issues. Being an open source platform, PHP can be used easily, anywhere for making web sites and apps.
• Another notable advantage of PHP is that it is platform independent. Therefore, a team of web developers working on different OS environments like Windows, Unix and Mac can co-work on PHP projects without bothering about compatibility. This is not possible with some commercial platforms including Microsoft’s .Net which requires developers sticking to a particular platform.
• Web development professionals with background in C++ can easily adapt to PHP. This is owing to the fact that PHP syntax is derived from C++ to a large extent. This is ideal for web development services that have a workforce equipped with older programming language background. They can educate their employees without spending much money or time and this migration is likely to be hassle free.
• A lot of web sites need to be linked with databases and this is particularly true of e-commerce websites. Therefore, these sites need to be developed in languages that are compatible with RDBMS systems like MySQL. Luckily for developers, PHP offers excellent integration with popular database apps by default. In fact, it can be used for integration with more than one RDBMS simultaneously.
• Nowadays, CMS apps are becoming increasingly popular with web users and developers alike. PHP is suitable for those developers who work with open source content management systems. They can use PHP to make extensions for exiting CMS apps easily.
• Web developers using licensed applications and technologies for their projects need to pay steep maintenance and support fee to companies that own such technologies. This is not the case with PHP developers. There are a number of online forums that are run and maintained by PHP developers and experts. Newbie developers can always benefit from these online forums. These also serve as excellent resources for PHP development.
About the Author